I. Test means of individual autumn arrest systems and device that is positioning –
(a) «General. » This appendix functions as a guideline that is non-mandatory help employers conform to certain requirements in 1926.502(d). Paragraphs (b), (c), (d) and ( e) for this Appendix describe test procedures which might be utilized to find out compliance using the needs in 1926.502 (d)(16). The test techniques right here in Appendix C could also be used to aid employers adhere to certain requirements in 1926.502(e as noted in Appendix D of the subpart (3) and (4) for positioning unit systems.
(b) «General conditions for several tests into the Appendix to 1926.502(d). «
(1) Lifelines, lanyards and deceleration products should really be mounted on an anchorage and linked to the body-belt or human body harness into the manner that is same they might be whenever utilized to guard workers.
(2) The anchorage ought to be rigid, and really should n’t have a deflection more than 0.04 ins (1 mm) each time a force of 2,250 pounds (10 kN) is used.
(3) The frequency reaction regarding the load instrumentation that is measuring be 500 Hz.
(4) The test fat utilized in the energy and force tests ought to be a rigid, metal, cylindrical or torso-shaped item with a girth of 38 ins plus or minus 4 ins (96 cm plus or minus 10 cm).
(5) The lanyard or lifeline utilized to produce the fall that is free must be given the machine, or perhaps in its lack, the smallest amount of elastic lanyard or lifeline offered to be utilized aided by the system.
(6) The test fat for every test must be hoisted to the necessary degree and should always be quickly released with out any appreciable movement imparted to it.
(7) the machine’s performance must be examined taking into consideration the number of ecological conditions for which its built to be properly used. (8) after the test, the machine do not need to manage to further operation.
(c) «Strength test. » (1) through the screening of all of the systems, a test fat of 300 pounds plus or minus 5 pounds (135 kg plus or minus 2.5 kg) should really be utilized. (See paragraph (b)(4) with this part. )
(2) The test is composed of dropping the test fat as soon as. A unique system that is unused be utilized for every test.
(3) For lanyard systems, the lanyard size should always be 6 foot plus or minus 2 ins (1.83 m plus or minus 5 cm) as calculated from the fixed anchorage to the accessory in the human anatomy gear or human anatomy harness.
(4) For rope-grab-type deceleration systems, the size of the lifeline over the centerline regarding the getting device to the lifeline’s anchorage point must not go beyond 2 legs (0.61 m).
(5) For lanyard systems, for systems with deceleration products that do not immediately limit fall that is free to 2 legs (0.61 m ) or less, as well as for systems with deceleration devices which may have a connection distance more than 1 base (0.3 m) (calculated involving the centerline of this lifeline additionally the accessory point out your body gear or harness), the test fat must be rigged to free autumn a distance of 7.5 foot (2.3 m) from a place that is 1.5 foot (. 46 m) over the anchorage point what is tendermeets, to its hanging location (6 foot underneath the anchorage). The test fat should fall without disturbance, obstruction, or hitting the ground or floor through the test. In some instances a non-elastic wire lanyard of enough length might need to be included with the machine (for test purposes) to produce the mandatory free autumn distance.
(6) For deceleration unit systems with fundamental lifelines or lanyards which automatically restrict free autumn distance to 2 feet (0.61 m) or less, the test fat must be rigged to free autumn a distance of 4 legs (1.22 m).
(7) Any fat which detaches through the gear or harness has unsuccessful the energy test.
(d) «Force test» – (1) «General. » The test is composed of dropping the particular test fat when as specified in paragraph (d)(2)(i) or (d)(3)(i) of the part. A brand new, unused system must certanly be useful for each test.