Most of us are familiar with typical slang that is gay “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” You might be one — and you don’t even know if you haven’t.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from around the world, listed below are 50 unusual or out-of-use expressions that you ought to invest in memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we go.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual male pilot currently serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or someone that is checking, British term refers to examining the item of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – incredibly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Tonight Example: “Did you see her at the club? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine woman, closely linked to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to queer ladies who seem like vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is sporty and athletic. Your message denotes that she’s the not the sort to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to an even more normal look.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a young homosexual male searching for older males; see additionally: Chicken hawk, discussing an adult homosexual male searching for more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for setting up in public areas restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male who is dishonorably released through the Navy for his or her sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solo after wanting to choose someone up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others participate in sexual intercourse.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male utilized by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of a married lover that is“heterosexual.
13. Complete house (n. ) – term utilized to denote having one or more intimately camhub review sent disease simultaneously.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently looking for sex.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – usually used to explain an aging male that is gay comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced form of the expressed word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated 19th century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” discussing a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain when you look at the century that is 16th relate to an untameable, crazy girl or perhaps a tomboy.
19. Frozen dessert (n. ) – thereforeme body so sweet that the desire is had by you to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual guys who’ve a romantic but non-sexual relationship, frequently close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – person in deep denial about their sexuality that is own who might never ever turn out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to a really effeminate homosexual male.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, attempting to get other individuals’ mates.
26. Happy Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman within an Eiffel Tower.
27. Miss Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term discussing an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mother Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser male that is gay ‘s been around the block several times; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than an individual who is “queerer compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. From the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual intercourse. See additionally: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has already been split up with.
32. On the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term talking about an exceptionally straight-acting and usually masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – while having sex, the one who executes the role that is bottom. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian genital sex.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the organization of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight ladies.
37. Saturday Evening Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians whom prove as heterosexual to their normal weekdays and can even be within the cabinet to buddies and co-workers.
38. Pants (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or “Kissing Fish. ”
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, often more pejorative, because it suggests a” demeanor that is“bitchy.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males whom head out in search of hookups later through the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male that will maybe perhaps maybe not offer dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: you’ve definitely heard this one if you live in Germany. English and American German-speakers have actually a poor practice of saying “Ich bin hot” on hot times, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – a person that is caucasian.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in between your two poles; comparable to a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for a bar whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in public places, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, generally known as “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression talking about a homosexual that is male
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy which takes invest a general public area, just like a bathhouse or even a club.
Note: Autostraddle features a list that is great of queer expressions, a few of which were included right right here. Check always out of the sleep on the web site. Madison Moore also offers a list explaining best wishes homosexual black colored slang.
Have the best of believe Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly and obtain the greatest tales through the to your inbox every Friday week.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you agree to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
In regards to the writer
Find out more about attention Catalog and our authors on our about page.